Emergency Medical Technician
The position of an EMT requires an individual to deal with all types of medical, trauma, and other rescue services.
- Opportunity to participate in national and state-certified emergency medical education such as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT), and Paramedic.
- Take-home response vehicles when on rotation for on-call status.
- Department-sponsored Continuing Education.
- Must poses a valid driver\'s license
- Must poses a high school diploma or GED
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to be a member of the fire department.
- Must be able to complete EMS program and receive AL EMT license or currently have a AL EMT license and NREMT capable of reciprocity.
- Have a clean driving record and agree to a national background check.
- Must not be on medications that can impair judgment.
- Must meet your requirements set by the by-laws.
- EMTs provide an assessment of patients, determine necessary care, and deliver emergency services by utilizing appropriate medical techniques and equipment.
- Document patient information, condition, and treatment while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights.
- Take pride in providing a safe, clean, and well-stocked environment for patients.
- Use appropriate EMT skills to provide care including communications, medical equipment, cleaning procedures, office equipment, and tools.
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all public safety personnel as well as your fellow EMTs.
- Occasionally required to climb heights more than thirty (30) feet; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on uneven surfaces and in confined spaces; and taste or smell.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 175 pounds or larger with assistance.
- Leads or handles machines, tools, equipment, or work aids involving moderate latitude for judgment regarding the attainment of a standard or in selecting appropriate items.
- Involves routine and frequent exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals; explosives; violence.
9109 Wall Triana Hwy, Harvest, 35749